Saturday 14 February 2015

.Grainline Archer.

I'm getting to the end of my "unblogged" sewing projects pile. Now I'll have to start sewing again so that I have something to blog about! There hasn't been a whole lot of sewing going on since moving house, but I'm really missing it so will definitley start making some more time for the sewing room now that we are feeling more settled.
I'm sure this pattern doesn't really need much of an introduction, the Grainline Archer Shirt is everywhere! And when I see a pattern sewn and blogged about in such abundance I can't help but give it a try myself.
This is definitley a "slow and steady" project, it was completed in a few sessions over a week or two. Although it is a little more complicated than most patterns I sew, it wasn't difficult, just a little tedious and detailed.
I used a piece of chambray (Robert Kaufman Slub Chambray in Indigo) that I have had in my stash for awhile. You can't beat a good chambray and Robert Kaufman knows how to make them. 

This shirt is definitley a wardrobe staple. It coordinates with everything and is easy and comfortable to wear. I'm not a fan of wearing the sleeves down so always roll them up or wear a jacket over the top when I wear the shirt. Because of the loose, boxy fit of the shirt I feel a bit frumpy when the sleeves are down, but I like the rolled up look so that works for me!
 I'm debating on whether I should curve in the side seams a little when I make another, just to add a more feminine shape. I made a size 6 and am really happy with the fit.
The only thing that kind of bugs me about the shirt is the blue tone of the chambray is similar to most of my jeans so I feel like I'm a bit "double denim" when I wear it with jeans! Overall though, I give this pattern two big thumbs up - the sew-along is a great reference too for unfamiliar parts of the shirt and it comes together beautifully.

3 comments:

Mieke Jansen said...

Again, very good looking! I'm sewing up a tova top right now after seeing your last version. Maybe this archer should be up next :)

kristin said...

Hey there chambray Archer twin! Looks so cute on you. I feel the same way about rolling up the sleeves; though for some reason I'm more content leaving my chambray sleeves down than my other two Archers. Haha.

Jane said...

Looks great Toni - I think what you need is some dark denim jeans :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails